Monday, December 19, 2011

Dessert #30 **sold**



One of the interesting things I've noticed while doing this blog is how difficult it is to come up with a "traditional" Christmas treat that rings true with most people. Once you step away from sugar cookies shaped like trees, candy canes, and of course fruitcake, it gets a little muddled. Chocolate covered pretzels may be standard fare for some, ribbon candy for others, personally I miss mince tarts enough right now I am thinking about making some. These, in case they aren't standard fare at your house, are marzipan fruits.


A friend of my Grandmother always had a few of these on the top of a cake stand, and I thought they were pure magic. Made with almond paste, the colors were airbrushed, my sister and I probably ate far more than our share.


This tiny piece is 4" square, painted on a standard depth canvas. Not too difficult to guess who painted it, but if you do it is $75. Otherwise it is $85.

No comments:

Post a Comment